Oikocredit exits its investment in Fairtrade chocolate company Divine Chocolate
Social impact investor Oikocredit has supported Divine since 2006 as it expanded its footprint from the United Kingdom to the USA
Dutch headquartered social impact investor Oikocredit has exited its investment in Fairtrade chocolate company, Divine Chocolate Limited. The Divine brand and its unique business model, centred around farmers, will continue to deliver products that empower both producers and consumers after this exit.
Som Toohey, Equity Officer at Oikocredit, said: “We’re pleased to have supported Divine, one of our first equity partners, to expand its market reach in the UK and into the USA. We are proud that Divine has helped to transform the industry with its distinct approach to foster a fairer supply chain, creating positive social impact in the chocolate industry. As Divine, Weinrich and Kuapa Kokoo embark on the next chapter of the company’s journey together, we wish them the very best.”
In their statement, Divine acknowledged and thanked the investors, including Oikocredit, who had the imagination and courage to make their ambitious plans a reality. With the invested capital, Divine succeeded to extend its farmer-centric business model into the USA.
- junio 30 | 2020 08:00 - Lessening the Covid-19 impact today makes a big difference for the future [Interview]
- junio 18 | 2020 09:52 - THE WATER MAN – part 1 of 2
- junio 17 | 2020 11:05 - Oikocredit exits its investment in Fairtrade chocolate company Divine Chocolate
- junio 15 | 2020 09:56 - Oikocredit holds annual general meeting, members decide on dividend
- junio 09 | 2020 11:00 - MFIs Covid-19 awareness training
- junio 08 | 2020 14:11 - Video tour of Oikocredit’s work in Ghana